TOP 10 HOUSE SONGS THAT CAN GIVE YOU GOOSEBUMPS
Updated: Mar 31, 2020
Does the first chord, the breakdown or that musical climax just before the drop of your favourite song give you goosebumps?
A group of scientists call this a “skin orgasm.”
But the French call it frisson: (/ˈfrɪsən/ FRISS-ən; French for “shiver”), also known as aesthetic chills or musical chills, is a psychophysiological response to auditory and/or visual stimuli that often induces a pleasurable or otherwise positively-valenced affective state and transient paresthesia (skin tingling or chills), sometimes along with piloerection (goose bumps) and mydriasis (pupil dilation).
Listening to emotionally moving music is the most common trigger of frisson, but some feel it while looking at beautiful artwork, watching a particularly moving scene in a movie or having physical contact with another person.
So, what type of music causes the chills? The genre is not so important, but there are a few musical mechanics that tend to produce the most reliable results.
– Songs that play on anticipation, building steadily toward an emotional climax.
– Moments in a song that subvert expectation, bringing in a sudden key change or adding in a new voice to the melody.
– Any song connected with a strong emotional memory for the listener.
Here at Flotilla Records we release music that you can feel just as much as you can hear. All of our artists genuinely put their heart and soul into each release and our goal is to always evoke an emotion through our music.
Flotilla Records first release “Heartbeat” by Jamie Vale & EDGER is coming soon and goosebumps is definitely the vibe.
For us Flotilla Records feel like waves of emotional melodies, deep warm bass lines and ethereal vocals that will give you goosebumps.
It doesn’t matter if it is happy or sad as long as long as you can genuinely feel the music.
You can smile or you can cry, that’s up to you!
Without further ado we have put together the top 10 House songs that give us goosebumps.
Grab your headphones get comfortable and relax, we are super excited to hear which songs on our list give you goosebumps.
These will be different for everyone and we would love to hear your own top 10 or even top 3, please post them in the comments and let us know what kind of emotions they trigger for you?
1. Ry/Frank Wiedemann — Howling (Âme Remix)
2. Rüfüs Du Sol — Innerbloom
3. Ry X — Body Sun (Sam Welt
4. Pachanga Boys — Time
6. Ben Böhmer — In Memoriam
7. Oliver Schories — Sunset (Joris Delacroix Remix )
8. Monolink — Father Ocean (Ben Böhmer Remix)
9. Jamie Vale & EDGER — Heartbeat (Radio Edit)
10. Christian Löffler — Haul (Alex Hövelmann Recolour)